Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Choosing My Topic

Coming up with my research topic was not as easy as I thought it would have been. Honestly, at first, I wanted to choose the same topic I did for the first paper which was whether spending money and resources was a waste or not, but I did not know if I could do that so I started searching for new topics. I considered choosing a topic potentially dealing with airplanes for that is a major aspect of my major, but my interest truly is in the space field so I did not think that I would get as passionate about the paper, probably resulting in a poorer paper. So, I started Googling vague things such as "space exploration topics" and was having a really hard time finding a topic that I truly thought I could write a lot about. I, then, searched "space" on Reddit and saw the topics with the comments and discussions dealt with private space industry. Private space industry interests me a lot, for it is probably where I want to work in the future. So, now I knew I was going to write about the private space industry, but still did not know what exactly to write about pertaining to this. After reading comments from earlier blog posts and discussion posts, I came to the conclusion of writing about how private space companies and NASA can work together. I wanted to write about what overall role the private space industry will have on space exploration. Will they partner with NASA? Will they do the small jobs for NASA? Will they do their own thing? I found a bunch of sources afterwards discussing the current statuses of many private space companies and their plans. These will help to write about how they will coexist with the government sector in space exploration.

1 comment:

  1. Never though about using Redditors to help out with research. Wish I would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete