Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Research Success

So since Essay 2 due was this week, I really had to step up my game with gathering useful sources for my topic. I primarily searched for articles using the library website this time since that is where most of the sources are supposed to come from. I had a lot of trouble finding any useful articles last week when using the OSU databases, but I had a lot of success this time. I tried out different combinations of words  relating to my research topic to put in the search box this time. A slight change in wording resulted in many different results. Proquest was the database that most of my sources came from, but I also found a few on the LexisNexis Academic database. Some of the sources I used did not list an author. I think this was because they were found in magazines. I was hesitant, at first, to use these sources for I felt they may not have been very credible, but they had very good information so I included them. In my last blog post, I had trouble finding current, up- to- date sources, but I probably was not looking hard enough because surprisingly, this time around, I ended with all my sources being fairly new. I even had a few that were just published less than a few months ago. Reading through all these articles and picking out the key points and useful information really gave me a better understanding on the subject. Having these annotation summaries will be very useful when writing the actual paper.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your research ended up on a positive note! Good luck with the final draft!

    ReplyDelete