Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Major Decisons

Hello all. This is my first blog post I have ever done and you will probably be able to tell as you read on. First off, I would like to say that I have created this blog because I want to and not because I have to for a class. I would like to introduce everyone to my major, aerospace and mechanical engineering. I am currently in my fourth year of school at Oklahoma State University, but it will take me five years to graduate with a Bachelor's Degree.

Ever since I was a young child, I have always had one dream. This dream was to become an astronaut. I can thank my man Buzz Lightyear for that. He was just so cool to me, and obviously I wanted to strive to be cool, so I might as well follow in his footsteps. As a child, this dream never seemed unrealistic as I was always told, "You can be whatever you want to be." Growing older however, I started thinking a little bit more realistically. Without a doubt, I am still striving to become an astronaut; but, I chose a major which allows me to find a career where my interest lies and can be more easily attained. This is why I chose aerospace and mechanical engineering. With this background, I plan to go into an engineering job working with spacecraft design and developing new space technology ultimately advancing space travel.

Since I am one year away from graduating, I need to start making decisions following. I am currently planning on going to graduate school to get my Master's Degree in Aerospace Engineering and then wanting to go into the workforce following. I feel like Oklahoma State University has prepared me well so far for the next step in education. Also, I have recently done an internship with NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston and I feel as if that experience has also prepared me well for the next step in industry.

So, I guess now you know about my major and interests. This post probably was boring to read, but since you're going to be reading many of my blog posts in the future, I didn't want to make this one interesting and mislead you guys. Just kidding. The next blog post will be spectacular!

End Blog.


3 comments:

  1. I love the blogging voice, Saagar--looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have it all figured out! It's nice to see you pursuing your childhood dreams even when I'm sure you've been discouraged. I hope all goes well for you in the future and I'm looking forward to reading more from you in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, to respond to the content of the post--I don't see any specific questions that professionals in your field deal with, but building on the general topics you bring up--spacecraft design, space travel--are there any specific innovations you'd be interested in researching this semester? Perhaps you could narrow down your focus for the research paper by exploring what types of designs are the most efficient and realistic in the coming years. Or perhaps you're interested in exploring the potential of re-instating US manned missions to space or the next steps for exploration of nearby solar systems. With this general topic, you have a lot of options. Spend some time in the next week thinking about some possible ways to narrow the focus down to one interesting idea you can explore this semester in your research.

    ReplyDelete